ONMA Licensing & Ordination Process
What is the purpose for obtaining minister’s credentials?
Ministers are God-called. However, to insure a minister is abiding by Scriptural precepts, in proper fellowship, and has adequate training; man looks at affiliation and credentialing to insure the minister is responsible to his/her calling. This is the purpose for credentialing.
The goals of ONMA are to Connect, Confirm, and Commission. Credentialing ministerial candidates insures these goals are established throughout the organization with emphasis on ministry and spreading the Gospel of Yeshua.
Connect – Connecting Ministers with Similar Beliefs & Values
One New Man Alliance, Inc. desires to connect our ministers together through meaningful relationships. We believe that true realized potential can only come through committed relationships with one another, mentoring and coaching. This includes training.
Connecting allows for the Training of Ministers to do the Work of the Ministry. Through ONMA University, we
encourage our members and ministers to train to do the work of the Ministry. There are various courses available for emphasis in ministry. We believe in “life-long” education; which means a learner is always learning how to best serve Yeshua and others. At each Fall Conference, Cyber-Conference, and online study, there is training available through One New Man Alliance, Inc. which ministers will be encouraged to complete. Course credit will be given for each class or session completed, with an aim to certification and degrees in ministry. We believe ministers should continue training through personal study, classroom study, and continuing study. Please see information regarding the classes available through ONMA University.
Confirm – Confirming Ministers and Their Calling
To confirm means to prove something, make something definite, or strengthen something. One New Man Alliance, Inc. desires to Confirm our ministers! One of the ways that we can do that is by helping them identify and clarify their callings! Each must identify his/her specific ministry calling—youth, music, church planting, pastoring, etc.? It is important to us to help you navigate through the exploration of your calling. The ONMA membership is dedicated to praying for, encouraging, and strengthening our ministers.
Comission – Commissioning and “Setting Forth” Ministers to a Place of Fruitfulness
One New Man Alliance, Inc. desires to send and commission our ministers to a place of fruitfulness! At each Fall Conference, a commissioning service will be conducted to “set forth” those credentialing candidates approved by the membership in either licensing or ordination. This will be a time of blessings and prayer. Each credentialed minister will receive a license or ordination certificate at this service.
It is ONMA’s desire to provide a network of available ministry opportunities, as they are introduced to us. Each minister is invited to share his/her ministry information on the ONMA website to advertise the desire to serve. In the One New Man Alliance, Inc. we aspire to open up opportunities of service.
What Credentials May Be Granted Through ONMA, Inc.?
The Minister’s Credentials are provided in two levels: License, and Ordination.
License: The candidate for licensing will be one who is in the process of preparing and training for the fulfillment of his/her ministry calling; and they are actively preparing to enter into an area of ministry.
Ordination: The candidate for ordination will be one who has proven himself/herself in an area of ministry calling. This person has continued in his/her training to a point of maturity in character and Word. The candidate may have received credentials from another organization. We do not require those papers be relinquished in order to be credentialed through ONMA. They will be taken in to consideration, however.
What is the Process for Obtaining Minister’s Credentials?
To receive minister’s credentials with One New Man Alliance, Inc. the following steps must be completed:
STEP #1: COMPLETION OF APPLICATION FOR CREDENTIALLING
- The applicant for either License or Ordination shall complete the formal application request for credentialing.
- The application shall include the following information, found on the application:
- Request approval for either license or ordination (state one)
- Personal information and testimony of conversion
- Calling and Commission (explanation of ministry calling and fulfillment thus far)
- Training (personal study, classroom or ministry positions served)
- Mission Statement and/or Goals for Personal Ministry
- Reasons to be affiliated with One New Man Alliance, Inc.
- Agreement with ONMA Statement of Faith
- Two recommendation letters from Pastor, other Minister, or member of ONMA
- Attendance at ONMA Fall Conference to meet the Board and be ordained
STEP #2: ATTENDANCE AT ONE NEW MAN ALLIANCE, INC. CREDENTIALING SERVICE
The applicant will be reviewed by the Credentialing Committee and/or Board of Directors and notified of approval or denial in a timely manner (a minimum of two weeks or maximum of two months). They will be notified of the date for the CREDENTIALING SERVICE at the FALL ONMA CONFERENCE.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________The following article is from the One New Man Alliance, Inc. Bylaws
V. LICENSING AND ORDINATION
(Item C. Qualifications for Credentialing): Licensing or Ordination shall be obtained when a member of One New Man Alliance establishes the following:
- He/she is Holy Spirit called and directed to be established as a minister of the Gospel of Yeshua.
- He/she is a member in good standing with One New Man Alliance and agrees with the Mission and Statement of Faith.
- He/she possesses Scriptural qualifications with demonstrations of the skills and training for licensing or ordination for the work of the Gospel ministry.
- He/she requests in writing a desire for licensing or ordination, with inclusion of references.
- He/she receives recommendation from the Board of Directors and/or Board Chair for licensing or ordination.
- He/she follows any other directives as established by the credentialing committee.
Please complete the following application and submit it (along with two recommendation letters) to the four-member Board (serving as Credentialing Committee) of ONMA…
- Email – Rev. Vivian McLaughlin, Board President
- Email – Rev. Larry Wallace, Board Vice President
- Email – Rabbi John Atkins, Board Secretary
- Email – Rev. Otto “Bud” Meisch, Board Treasurer